Deadliest Catch

and more!

About Me

My Photo
"RiRi" Rita M. Tobey
I am 37 years young with a heart of steel and so much compassion for each person that I meet. I am the person in your life that will make you almost pee yourself from laughing so hard. This chick here, me, is the person that loves it when she sees one smiling and having fun. If you are glum, I will figure out a way to "turn that frown upside down". That saying is old school, but it describes what I am trying to say best. So smile, get freaky, and be happy! Life is too damn short to live life crappy. :-)
View my complete profile


The topic that I have been working with for my scientific research essay is on Why we sleep? The title is going to be, "I Dream of Sleeping". At least, that is what I have at this time. I am still working on this one.
Working on the research has given me so much information. I have many different angles and levels to take this paper and run with it. I am learning so much in such a short time. I like it! :-P
As for me being an online student with Kaplan University, I would have to say that there are many advantages and fewer disadvantages. In my case, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Here are some examples:
1.) If I am unable to make it to the weekly seminar, I can do the option 2.
2.) Money saving and better for the planet. No driving back and forth.
3.) I am making more friends, who are from all over.
4.) Convenience. I do not have to get all dolled up for class. I can wear my jammies and nobody would know. :-)
5.) I can work and get my education at the same time. Yippee!
6.) Online communication is sweet. It is so easy!
7.) On the first day of class, there is no awkard meetings.
The only disadvantage that I can see is that I am not face-to-face with my instructor. But, I cure that problem with being able to see a picture of her on her blog. Also, during the seminar, I type until I cannot type anymore, which gives the feeling that I am actually sitting here chatting with her and my classmates. Problem solved. :-)
I will be back to finish this assignment. I need to do some research on blog-o-sphere, the writing community. I have no idea what that is...so I must go googling! When I google, you google, we google! Sorry, just seen a Bing commercial with Freak Nasty's "Da Dip" in it. It is too funny! I am going to see if I can find that in a video, too. :-) Maybe, I will "Bing" it, too.

3 comments:

"RiRi" Rita M. Tobey said...

Correction: I made a boo-boo in the first line. It should read, "...essay is on, "Why we sleep"." Does this look better or is it just me?

Professor Feraldi said...

Hi Rita,

Remember, you can chat with me on AIM as well, and if you are really dedicated to that one on one idea, you could Skype me if you have webcam Skype. I am not very good at this because I might have to run comb my hair or put more clothes on or something, but you are welcome to try me sometime.

I am just learning about "jing" ing . . . you can google that too.

Amanda Enderle said...

Rita-
You are a riot! You're the most entertaining person in class and always have something to say. Your blogs are fun to read too. I have to agree with you that not having to get "all dolled up" for class is AMAZING. By the time I come home from work everyday, I take off my uniform and throw on my sweats and absolutely no effort is made. Everything is so convenient for online schooling. Our professors make it very easy for us to by making themselves available to talk to us if we do have problems, where as one at a physical campus is normally too busy with all of their students and classes.

Keep blogging girl, chat with you soon! :)

Post a Comment